What follows is the page used by local residents and distant friends and relatives during storms and floods. It provides links to key sites with emergency information, weather forecasts, river data including height and warning/flood stages, road conditions, and other useful information.
For more general weather information, go to Napa Valley Online's Weather Page.
If you know of other useful sites that aren't listed here, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both are updated frequently with information on how the weather has affected the vineyards, if at all.
- Vintners Association Hotline: 1.707.942.9783 ext. 903
Do NOT use 911 for information requests. Please reserve that number for actual emergencies.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - 800.462.9029 - Residents and business owners can call FEMA for applications for assistance.
Napa County Road Conditions - 707.259.8304 - Recorded message. Latest information available.
County of Napa Public Information Line - 707.259.8303 - Live information on flood status available 24 hours a day during emergencies.
City of Napa Flood Information Line - 707.258.7813 - Recorded message on flood status in English and Spanish from Public Information Office.
City of Napa Public Information Office - 707.258.7817 - Live person.
PG&E 24-hour Emergency and Customer Service - 800.743.5000
PG&E 24-hour Power Outage Hotline - 800.743.5002
Pacific Bell Repair Service - 611
Napa City Sewer - 707.258.6014 (24-Hour emergency number)
KVON 1440 AM/KVYN 99.3 FM Radio - 707.252.1440 - Maintain round-the-clock coverage - Listeners can call to report news. If KVON doesn't work, it probably means their transmitter is flooded out. Switch over to KVYN.
Volunteer Center of Napa County - 707.252.6222 - Coordinates emergency volunteer services. Call if you'd like to help.
American Red Cross
TravInfo - 511 - Toll-free from anywhere in Bay Area - Complete Bay Area public and private transportation information, including up-to-the-minute traffic information on 37 freeways, eight bridges and all major roads.
- Napa - 707.257.2900
- St. Helena - 707.963.2717
- Napa County Humane Society - 707.255.8118
For more information on shelters, contact the local Red Cross.
SHELTERS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Calistoga - Napa County Fairgrounds
- Napa - First United Methodist Church, 625 Randolph
- Napa - Napa Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 1105 G Street (near Brown St.)
- St. Helena - St. Helena High School
- Yountville - Yountville Community Hall
County of Napa
In the event of flooding, sand and sandbags will be made available to residents and businesses located in the unincorporated areas of Napa County.
The first 100 bags are free. A fee is charged for bags in excess of 100. The fee is based on the cost to the County. Sand is free. Persons wantng sand and sandbags will have to fill their own.
Sand and sandbags will be made available whenever the County receives a flood warning from the National Weather Service. Sand and sandbags will then be available at the following locations:
- CDF/County Fire Station - Trancas and Jefferson, Napa
- CDF/County Fire Station - 3535 St. Helena Highway North, St. Helena
- Angwin Volunteer Fire Department - 275 College Avenue, Angwin
- Edgerly Island Volunteer Fire Department - 1598 Milton Road, Napa
- Town of Yountville Corporation Yard - 7509 Solano Avenue, Yountville
City of Napa
Napa makes sandbags available, as needed, at the City Corporation Yard or at Memorial Stadium at Napa High School. Contact the city Public Information Office at 707.258.7817 for more information.
Situation Reports/Updates from State Government
- PG&E 24-hour Emergency and Customer Service 800.743.5000
- PG&E 24-hour Power Outage Hotline 800.743.5002
Use this number to:
- Find out if an outage has been reported in your area and when power would be restored
- Report an outage and ask for a call back when power returns
- Speak to a PG&E representative.
Preparation and Recovery
Disaster Assistance - U.S. Small Business Administration
Mountain Man Survival Equipment Inc. - Disaster and Survival Kits
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Drying Wet Books and Papers